PowerSonic Factory Activated
This Power-Sonic Super Sport AGM battery is sealed and activated at the time of manufacture. Very convenient to the point that all that needs to be done is put the battery into your vehicle and you are ready to ride. The only downside of this type of battery is that all batteries once activated have a shelf life, and if this battery is not going to be used right away, or be put in a vehicle that is not going to be ridden on a regular basis, the battery will need to be kept charged on a battery maintainer.
Once these batteries are put into service, they become a completely sealed unit requiring a lot less maintenance than the Conventional Batteries. Although the battery still needs to be charged on a regular basis if your vehicle is not in use, there is no need to monitor the fluid level in this battery type. Unlike the conventional battery, once this type of battery is sealed, it becomes spillproof, which can eliminate damage from battery acid that can occur from using a flooded battery.
Power-Sonic Conventional is a type of battery which has flooded electrolyte and is very accessible. These batteries have to be carefully and periodically maintained. Conventional batteries are normally less expensive than the other types, but with the cost savings come more maintenance. You will need to add distilled water from time to time to prevent the battery from sulphating. Water loss is a normal characteristic of this type of battery because of the high temperature inside, and the process of electrolysis and evaporation. This means the fluid level of the battery needs to be checked on a regular basis. Conventional batteries also tend to discharge more rapidly than AGM type batteries.
- Motor Cycles
- All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV’s)
- Personal Watercraft (Jet Skis)
- Snow Mobiles
- Utility Vehicles
Features & Benefits
- Thru-Partition Construction Provides shorter current path with less resistance for more cranking power
- Special active material in the plates is compounded to with stand vibration, prolonging battery life and dependability
- Absorptive Glass Fibre Mat (AGM) Separator Increases battery cell life and reduces vibration on battery plates (Factory Activated & AGM batteries only)
- Special separator makes the battery spill-proof. Valve regulated design eliminates water loss and the plates
- Polypropylene Cover and Container Assure reserve electrolyte capacity for cooler operating temperature and gives greater resistance to gas, oil, and impact in extreme weather conditions
- Heat Sealed Cover to case Protects against leakage and corrosion. Bonded unit providing extra strength
- Sealed Post Prevents acid leakage, reduces corrosion, and extends battery life
- Special grid design withstands severe vibration and assures maximum conductivity