Use of your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To improve our services including to better understand your needs and requests and to tailor our products and services to better suit your desires.
- To send you emails, newsletters, promotions and marketing material about offers.
- To secure and improve your use of our services.
- To comply with any obligations imposed on us by law.
Collection of Personal Information
We may collect information from you which is:
- General information: this is information which is anonymous data that we use to analyse trends for general use and to help us understand the needs of our customers so that we can improve the quality of our products and services.
- Personal information: Personal Information is any information that personally identifies you such as your name, age and date of birth, home address, contact telephone numbers and email address. Personal information may be collected from you if you make an enquiry by telephone, email, via our websites, when you complete or submit any enquiry forms. Personal information may also be collected from you if you enter a competition run by us, if you reply to a survey conducted by us, in communications with us or our staff or if you attend an event, function or conference. Sealed Performance Batteries may use social media to communicate with customers and the public at large. Any information which you disclose to Sealed Performance Batteries through social media may be collected by Sealed Performance Batteries.
In order to provide you with our services, we keep track of how you interact with links. This includes links in emails we send you and links that appear on our website. The following information is logged for statistical purposes when you look at our website;
- server address / IP address
- the date and time of your visit to our site
- the pages you accessed
- your top-level domain name
- the documents you downloaded
- the type of browser you are using to access our website
- if you have visited our website before
- the type of device you are using
- location data
Links to other websites
Sharing and Dealing with your Personal Information
If you provide Personal Information to us we will only use or disclose that information for the purposes of our business unless:
- You consent to the use or disclosure of your Personal Information; or
- You would reasonably expect that we will use or disclose your Personal Information for that purpose as, for example, answering an enquiry or processing an online order; or
- As otherwise required by law or permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles.
You can object to us using your Personal Information as described in this Policy. However, if you do, Sealed Performance Batteries may not be able to provide you with the service requested.
You may request that you do not receive direct marketing communications from us. If you make a request, we will respond to that request as soon as reasonably practicable.
You may request that your Personal Information is not provided to our partner organisations.
Protection of your Personal Information
We are committed to take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your Personal Information. This includes limiting access to our computer systems by use of passwords and other security devices and to prevent unauthorized access, modification, use or disclosure and backup systems to prevent accidental or malicious loss of data or information.
We will take such steps as are reasonable to destroy any Personal Information that we have about you if there is no longer any need for us to keep that information.
How you can access, correct or delete your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any information which we hold about you and use is accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. Please keep in mind if you make a request to delete your Personal Information and that Personal Information is necessary for our services you wish to purchase, the request will be honoured unless it is a requirement for legitimate business purposes or legal and contractual record keeping purposes.
We will provide you with access to any Personal Information that we hold about you without charge.
Access can be obtained by emailing [email protected] and using the subject line ‘Re. Personal Information’ with attention to the Marketing Manager
We do not knowingly collect personal information from or target individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or legal guardian and know of or have reason to believe your children under the age of 18 have provided us with personal information without your permission, please contact us.
If you have a complaint
Australian Privacy Principles
If you are interested in obtaining further information about the Australian Privacy Principles, you can visit the Australian Government website at www.comlaw.gov.au
last updated 6 March 2020