Power-Sonic Rechargable Warranty Information
General Product Limited Warranty
Lead Acid Based Portfolio
Power-Sonic Corporation (Power-Sonic) warrants its products against defective workmanship and materials for the term defined below by product series and application. The period is defined by the date of manufacture based on the date code on the battery.
• The battery selected by the user must be of the correct size, design, and capacity for the intended application. Failure to do this will invalidate the warranty.
• The batteries should be paired with a suitable charger designated for the technology. Incorrect selection of charger and/or failure to follow the correct charging that conforms with Power Sonic’s charging recommendations will void the warranty.
• Series and Parallel strings must be limited to five strings without the expressed written approval of Power-Sonic.
• The battery should be installed and operated at an average ambient temperature not exceeding 77°F (25°C). The warranty period shall be reduced by 50% for operating temperatures that exceed on average above 95° Fahrenheit (35° Celsius).
• The batteries are subject to IEEE Standard 1188 Acceptance Test at time of installation. If they do not meet both, or either, the standards and the published Power-Sonic specifications. The end user must notify Power-Sonic and request further instructions.
• 2-volt cells are designed to be installed vertically. Any installation with an orientation other than vertical, with terminals on top, will be void of warranty.
• Dismantling and moving batteries to a different location will void the warranty unless Power-Sonic is contacted and provides written consent of such action.
• Battery annual maintenance records must be kept manually or electronically including load tests, temperature, Ohmic readings and voltage and made available as part of any warranty claim.
• User agrees to make accessible the batteries under warranty to Power-Sonic or its authorized representative for inspection at reasonable hours and time intervals.
• The warranty shall be voided if the battery becomes unserviceable due to fire, freezing, misuse, abuse, neglect physical damage or any act of nature.
• The battery will be determined to be defective if it fails to deliver less than 60% of its rated capacity during the warranty period. The determination of actual capacity shall be made in accordance with the IEEE Std 1188 performance test guidelines.
• Installation of the batteries must be performed by suitably qualified technicians and in accordance with proven acceptable practices.
• This warranty shall apply only to original purchasers. It is not transferrable.
• The replacement battery warranty will be of a length that matches the balance of the original warranty of the failed unit.
• Contact the original point of purchase for instructions.
• Request return authorization. No returns will be credited without an authorization.
• In the case of returned products, the batteries must be packed with enough padding and in the appropriate cartons to eliminate the risk of damage in transit.
• Sealed Performance Batteries has the option to credit or replace products deemed defective and under warranty.
• All defective batteries returned to Sealed Performance Batteries will become the property of Sealed Performance Batteries.
Sealed Performance Batteries shall not be liable for indirect, accidental or consequential damages arising out of the sale or relating to the use of this product. The end user assumes all responsibility for any and all personal injury and property damage resulting from the use, maintenance, transportation or installation of the product. The liability to Sealed Performance Batteries for any and all claims shall not exceed the purchase price of the battery.
This warranty is in lieu of all other remedies including but not limited to actions for breach of contract or negligence. All other warranties expressed or implied including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries and Chargers as defined by series designation of: Eighteen (18) months from the manufacturing date code.
– PS – General Purpose
– PSG -General Purpose
– PSH – General Purpose
– PSC – Charger
– PDC – AGM deep cycle
– DCG – Deep Cycle Gel
Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries and Chargers as defined by series designation of: Thirty (30) months form manufacturing date code.
– PHR – UPS high rate
– PG – long life
Sealed Lead Acid (SLA) Batteries and Chargers as defined by series designation of: Forty-Two (42) months) from manufacturing date code.
– PSOPZV – 2-volt cell and Tubular Gel
PowerSports lead acid batteries as defined by series designation of: Six (6) months from manufacturing date code.
– PT, PI, CB, 6N, 12N, U1
Application exceptions: batteries used in mobility applications (including but not limited to wheelchair, scooter, pallet jack) shall carry a six (6) month warranty only from date code.